- Snow Depth
- 170 cm
- Wind Direction
- Wind Speed
- 6 m/s
- Enjoy the winter view of the Tanigawa Mountain Range
- The ropeway remains in operation during the winter.The Funitel-style ropeway is sturdy, wind-resistant, suitable for the harsh mountain environment, and provides a comfortable ride.
- Kagura Tanigawa Hotaka
- *This information is provided by the Japan Avalanche Network.
- Date of Operation
- ●Ropeway for sightseeing and mountain climbing
from December 1, 2023 to April 7, 2024.
●Tanigawadake Tenjindaira Ski Resort
from December 23, 2023 to April 7, 2024.
From January 9th to February 28th, 2024, we will be closed every Tuesday and Wednesday.
- Hours of Operation
- 8:30am-4:00pm (lifts are available from 8:30am-3:00pm)
*Last ropeway ride uphill is at 3:30pm
●Using ropeway with skis/snowboards
1-day ticket (13 years and older) 7,500 yen 1-day ticket (7-12 years old) 1,500 yen
*With the 1-day ticket, you can use the ropeway (uphill) and lift as many times as you wish in one day.●Using ropeway for sightseeing/climbing (without skis/snowboards)
13 years and older 3,000 yen 7-12 years old 1,500 yen
[Ropeway one-way] (*Downhill only)
13 years and older 1,800 yen 7-12 years old 900 yen
*One-way uphill tickets are not available during the winter season for ski course safety management.
- Parking Fee
- Free (*from December 1, 2023 to April 7, 2024)
Note: When using the ropeway with skis or snowboards, one-day tickets are required (round-trip tickets do not apply). Thank you for your cooperation.
As one of the heaviest snowfall areas in Japan, we have the best powder snow here.
Tanigawadake Tenjindaira Ski Resort is located at the foothills of Mt. Tanigawa, which is listed in One Hundred Mountains of Japan.
The area around Mt. Tanigawa is located between the Japan Sea side and the Pacific Ocean side of Japan. The two climates from both sides collide along the steep terrain, resulting in tons of snowfalls, bringing the top-quality powder snow to the slopes.
Ski/snowboard enthusiasts, who have deep love for the powder snow of Mt. Tanigawa, flock to visit every year during the high season of January to February.
Thrilling skiing/snowboarding experiences with rich variations
Surrounded by the mountains over 2,000 meters (6,560 ft) high, the main ski slopes spread out along two peaks and form a bowl-shaped landscape. There are plenty of steep faces and ups and downs, making the skiing/snowboarding environment challenging and fun. Tajirisawa course is a dynamic course with a length of about 4 km (2.485 miles) where you are able to enjoy the beauty of the trees, waterfalls, and the scenery unique to the mountain ski resort while skiing/snowboarding under the ropeway.
Easy accessibility from the metropolitan area
The best powder snow and the Alps-class spectacular scenery are just 2 hours away by car or Shinkansen from the Tokyo metropolitan area.
If you are worried about driving in winter because of the heavy snow, there are buses running between here and railway stations of Shinkansen / zairaisen (conventional line), so you can always come with peace of mind.
Magnificent scenery of Mt. Tanigawa spread out before your eyes
"Tanigawadake, a nearby and great mountain." As this saying goes, Mt. Tanigawa, which is listed in One Hundred Mountains of Japan, has been loved by many people since ancient time. The complex topography of deep valleys and dignified rocky ridges weaves the three-dimensional beauty of the landscape.
During winter, when Mt. Tanigawa is covered with thick snow, its three-dimensional landscape stands out even more. The contrast between the white snow and the blue sky is truly impressive, guaranteeing a taste of the extraordinary.
An observation restaurant with the Alps-class view
After going uphill by the ropeway, there is our observation restaurant, View Terrace Tenjin, located at an altitude of 1,319m (4,327ft). Enjoy your meal while admiring the Tanigawa Mountain Range through the window and relaxing in our European retro style interior.
|Hours of Operation
|Drinks 9:30-15:00 ／
The freshly baked "Gratin in the Bread" is the hottest recommendation in the cold winter.
This season's new menu item "Gratin in the Bread" is baked individually right after ordering, using plenty of seasonal ingredients. Depending on your mood, enjoy one, two, or all three flavors!
Convenient goods for enjoying snow play are available.
Free rental service of goods for enjoying snow play has started.We offer various ways to enjoy snow, not only skiing and snowboarding.
|Goods for enjoying snow
Enjoy 100% natural snow with rental snowshoes!
We are offering snowshoe rental service for you to walk and have fun on the fluffy snow. We have different sizes of snowshoes for adults and children. As an individual, a family, or a group, everyone can fully enjoy the 100% natural snow.
|Rental corner in Base Plaza
|Hours of Operation
|8:30am-4:00pm (*Rental items must be returned by 4:00 p.m.)
|Quantity in stock
|Kids size 10 sets *17cm (6.7in) and up
Adult M size 10 sets
Adult L size 10 sets
Have some mementos from your Mt. Tanigawa trip!
The shop is located near the ticket counter. We have a wide selection of souvenirs, including local sake Tanikawadake, popular sweets and food items made in Minakami Town and Gunma Prefecture, and mountain goods such as mountain badges, hand towels, and T-shirts. We also recommend the completely original Tanigawadake Daruma, which was developed in collaboration with a daruma craftsman.
|Hours of Operation
- Notes on facility usage
- Do not use objects to occupy space or hold a place in line at the ticket counter, ropeway entrance, etc.
Please note that all items determined to be used for these purposes, including but not limited to ski/snowboard equipment and backpacks, will be removed. Thank you for your cooperation.
- Please carefully note the resort's borders,and the out-of-bounds areas
- Always keep your speed under control
- Be aware of your surroundings,and of the people and things around you
- Boarders are asked to always use a leash
- We highly recommend using a helmet
- Always ski with a partner on the ungroomed slopes
- Skiing in the resort is prohibited outside of normal business hours
- Skiers breaking resort rules may have their lift tickets taken,and be escorted off the premises
- In case of emergency, please contact resort staff immediately
- For complete Tenjindaira rules,please see the resort terms and conditions
- Exit the resort through the designated gate
- Remember,there are many hidden and uncontrolled hazards in the backcountry
- Some of the areas immediately outside the resort are closed,and must not be entered
- Entering the backcountry requires special preparation and equipment
- Check the latest mountain and avalanche information before entering the backcountry
- Travel in groups that include experienced people
- Those with limited backcountry experience should always use a guide
- Search and rescue activities may require a large amount of time and money
- In case of an emergency,always immediately call the police at 110.
- Special Note
- The slopes located on both sides of the Tajirizawa A Course are not part of the Tanigawadake Tenjindaira Ski Resort.An avalanche occurring on these slopes could seriously injure riders below on the Tajirizawa A Course.This land is administered by the Tone-Numata Forest Management Office,which has declared this a no-entry zone.However,to ensure the safety of skiers on the Tajirizawa A Course,ski resort staff do enter this area to ensure its safety-we have received permission from the Tone-Numata Forest Management Office to implement safety measures.
We appreciate your understanding of this situation.
|Emergency contact number
|POLICE 110 FIRE RESCUE 119
Ski & Snowboard Rental
|13-year-olds and above
|12-year-olds and below
|3-piece set (skis, boots, and polls/stocks)
|2-piece set (snowboard and boots)
|Top and bottom set (jacket and pants)
- *We do not have gloves, goggles, hats, and helmets for rental.
- *Rental items must be returned by 16:00 (4:00 p.m.)
- Yubukiyama National Forest, Yubiso, Minakami Town, Tone District, Gunma Prefecture, 379-1728, Japan
Parking lot information
- For vehicles with a height below 2.1 meters (6.89 feet) - Follow the red arrow in the picture on the left to the indoor parking lot (multi-level parking lot).
- For vehicles with a height of 2.1 meters (6.89 feet) or more - Follow the blue arrow in the picture on the left to park in the outdoor parking lot (6th floor).
Parking at night
- The parking lot is only open on the first floor (multi-level parking lot, approximately 40 slots).
*Vehicles with a height of 2.1 meters (6.89 ft) or more are not permitted to be parked in the multi-level parking lot. Please park in the outdoor space located in front of the entrance to the multi-level parking lot.
- There are restrooms available in the parking lot at night.
- The parking lot may be closed from 6pm to 7am during the busy season (Obon, late September to early November, etc.).
- NO setting up tents / NO using fire-related items such as gas burners in the parking lot. Behaviors that violate fire prevention measures and disturb other guests are strictly prohibited.
※It is important to note that if you are found to be in violation of the parking lot rules, you will be asked to leave immediately.