- Wind Direction
- Wind Speed
- 5 m/s
- Kagura Tanigawa Hotaka
- *This information is provided by the Japan Avalanche Network.
- Date of Operation
- December 24th, 2022 to April 16th, 2023 (planned)
*Close every Tuesday between January 10th and March 14th, 2023.
- Hours of Operation
8:30am-4:00pm (lifts are available from 8:30am-3:00pm)
*Last ropeway ride uphill is at 3:30pm
8:00am-5:00pm (lifts are available from 8:30am-3:30pm)
*Last ropeway ride uphill is at 4:30pm
One-day pass (13-year-olds and above) ¥6,000 One-day pass (7- to 12-year-olds) ¥1,500
*With the one-day pass, you can ride the ropeway (uphill) and the lifts as many times as you like, and ride the ropeway downhill once.
Ropeway round trip ticket (13-year-olds and above) ¥3,000 Ropeway round trip ticket (7- to 12-year-olds) ¥1,500 Season pass ¥70,000
- Parking Fee
- Weekdays ¥500
Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays ¥1,000
The breathtaking views and powder snow are so easily accessible from the metropolitan area!
Tanigawadake Tenjindaira Ski Resort is easily accessible from the Tokyo metropolitan area by car or Shinkansen in about two hours. It is the perfect place to enjoy the magnificent panoramic mountain views, and experience the finest powder snow created by the harsh climate and landscape of the 1500-2000m (4920-6560ft) Tanigawa mountain range.
The season pass is now available! With a season pass, you will be able to visit Hoshino Resorts' ski resorts and accommodation facilities at the best price.
Our season pass, with a lot of benefits, is the best choice for serious skiers and snowboarders. A season pass holder will have access not only to Tanigawadake Tenjindaira Ski Resort but also to other Hoshino Resorts Group Ski Resorts as well.
A season pass holder will also be able to book the limited "special offer plans" that will save them up to 40% on Hoshino Resorts' accommodation facilities. The majority of these facilities are hotels located near the ski resorts. This winter, come and enjoy a snow trip with Hoshino Resorts!
Please click here for more information.
The Tajirizawa course is back after two seasons!Check out our new pass tickets for you to fully enjoy the long runs
After two seasons of being closed, the Tajirizawa course is ready to open! The total length is more than 4 kilometers (2.485 miles). Without the course, you can only go down by the ropeway. Now, you can ski or snowboard down through the natural scenery including trees and waterfalls. If you'd like to do it more than once in a day, you may use the ropeway uphill and lifts to return as many times as you like with the one-day pass!
- Please carefully note the resort's borders,and the out-of-bounds areas
- Always keep your speed under control
- Be aware of your surroundings,and of the people and things around you
- Boarders are asked to always use a leash
- We highly recommend using a helmet
- Always ski with a partner on the ungroomed slopes
- Skiing in the resort is prohibited outside of normal business hours
- Skiers breaking resort rules may have their lift tickets taken,and be escorted off the premises
- In case of emergency, please contact resort staff immediately
- For complete Tenjindaira rules,please see the resort terms and conditions
- Exit the resort through the designated gate
- Remember,there are many hidden and uncontrolled hazards in the backcountry
- Some of the areas immediately outside the resort are closed,and must not be entered
- Entering the backcountry requires special preparation and equipment
- Check the latest mountain and avalanche information before entering the backcountry
- Travel in groups that include experienced people
- Those with limited backcountry experience should always use a guide
- Search and rescue activities may require a large amount of time and money
- In case of an emergency,always immediately call the police at 110.
- Special Note
- The slopes located on both sides of the Tajirizawa A Course are not part of the Tanigawadake Tenjindaira Ski Resort.An avalanche occurring on these slopes could seriously injure riders below on the Tajirizawa A Course.This land is administered by the Tone-Numata Forest Management Office,which has declared this a no-entry zone.However,to ensure the safety of skiers on the Tajirizawa A Course,ski resort staff do enter this area to ensure its safety-we have received permission from the Tone-Numata Forest Management Office to implement safety measures.
We appreciate your understanding of this situation.
|Emergency contact number||POLICE 110 FIRE RESCUE 119|
|Rental items||13-year-olds and above||12-year-olds and below|
|Ski||3-piece set (skis, boots, and polls/stocks)||
|Snowboard||2-piece set (snowboard and boots)||
|Wear||Top and bottom set (jacket and pants)||
- *We do not have gloves, goggles, hats, and helmets for rental.
- *Rental items must be returned by 16:00 (4:00 p.m.)
Yubukiyama National Forest, Yubiso, Minakami Town, Tone District, Gunma Prefecture, 379-1728, Japan
- From Kan-etsu Expressway, take Exit #15 for National Route 291 toward Minakami/Tanigawadake, then drive about 14km (about 25 minutes)
- From Jomo-Kogen Station (taking Jo-etsu Shinkansen), take the bus toward Tanigawadake Ropeway: about 50 minutes
- From Minakami Station (taking Jo-etsu Line), take the bus toward Tanigawadake Ropeway: about 25 minutes
Mt Tanigawa Riders Network
A local community for everyone to enjoy skiing/snowboarding safely on Mt. Tanigawa in winter.
The local ski/snowboard "riders" based in Mt. Tanigawa area would post about the backcountry conditions on Instagram.
- Visit their Instagram page for the latest information